Grants for Innovative Teaching
Grants for Innovative Teaching is a signature project of the Junior League of Dallas. Its purpose is to encourage and support excellence in teaching by awarding grants up to $2,000 to DISD teachers for special and innovative projects that otherwise would not be provided for in school budgets.
Congratulations to the 2012-2013 GFIT grant recipients. Please click here for a highlight of a few of this year’s innovative grants.
2013-2014 Application Process is currently CLOSED.
We are no longer accepting applications for the 2013-2014 school year. The deadline to submit a grant application was Tuesday, May 28, 2013.
The NEW timeline for the process is as follows:
- All applications must be received no later than 5:00 p.m. on May 28, 2013.
- Applications may be submitted (1) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or (2) by mail addressed to Grants for Innovative Teaching, 8003 Inwood Road, Dallas, Texas 75206, or (3) in person at JLD Headquarters located at 8003 Inwood Road, Dallas, Texas 75206.
- Applications sent by mail or delivered in person need only contain one original of the complete application. Applications submitted by email should be sent in one file and must include a signed signature page. Only complete applications will be considered. Facsimile applications will not be accepted.
- Applicants will be notified no later than August 12, 2013 if their application has been accepted or rejected.
- Recipients will attend a grant awards ceremony in September 2013.
- Recipients will be required to complete a mid-year report and a final report.
Be sure to attend a Grant Writing Workshop for helpful tips on filling out your grant application. Please click here for the dates and locations of the Grant Writing Workshops.
The Junior League of Dallas thanks Texas Instruments, the 2013-2014 presenting sponsor of the Grants for Innovative Teaching program.
(updated August 2013)