Becoming a Member of the Junior League of Dallas
The Junior League of Dallas accepts new members on an annual basis and is committed to inviting in a diverse group of women who are passionate about serving the Dallas community. The 2014-2015 Provisional Class is already in progress and the deadline to apply for the 2015-2016 Provisional Class has passed (January 20, 2015). The next opportunity to apply for membership will be this fall for the 2016-2017 Provisional Class, and we will hold informational meetings beginning in September of 2015. If you missed the deadline to apply this year, please join our mailing list below and we will be in touch later this year!
The Junior League of Dallas does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, religion or national origin, and reaches out to women of all races, creeds, religions and national origins who demonstrate an interest in and commitment to voluntarism. There is no deliberative process in the admission system. The JLD uses only the following criteria for prospective members:
- Age: A New Member must have reached her 22nd birthday and not have reached her 45th birthday as of June 1 of the year in which she applies.
- Residency: There are no residency restrictions for membership in the JLD. A member may reside in any city or county as long as she is capable of traveling to locations in Dallas for required meetings, placements, etc.
- Sponsors: Each prospective member must be sponsored by three (3) Active or Sustaining members in good standing of the JLD, and it is the responsibility of the candidate to secure three sponsors for herself. At least one of the three sponsors must be an Active member, but any of the three sponsors may serve as Lead Sponsor. A JLD member may only sponsor one prospective member each Administrative Year. Provisional members are not eligible to sponsor. Members of other Junior Leagues are not eligible to sponsor new members of the Junior League of Dallas.
Sponsor Pool Assistance: Any prospective member who lacks three sponsors may request assistance with securing sponsors from the JLD Sponsor Pool (you will request this in your membership application). Assistance will be granted on a first come first served basis.
***The New Member Committee asks that before requesting assistance from the Sponsor Pool a candidate diligently seek out her own sponsors through her networks which may include her circle of friends, workplace, place of worship, other charitable or professional organizations, social media networks, and more. There are over 5,000 JLD members in the DFW area so ask around! Your lead sponsor and other friends who are JLD members can and should assist you if you are having trouble securing sponsors on your own.
Steps to Joining:
- Attend an Informational Session. This is not a requirement, but we strongly encourage you to attend in order to learn more about the league, membership requirements, and benefits of membership.
- Secure three sponsors.
- Complete the Online Membership Application including the $50 application fee (available here - date TBD).
- Instruct your lead sponsor complete your Intent to Sponsor form available HERE.
Please contact email@example.com at any time if you have questions about joining the JLD!