I have agreed to sponsor a new member… What now?
Thank you for contributing to the continued growth and success of the Junior League of Dallas by sponsoring a new member! Please see below for important information about the updated sponsorship process.
The period to sponsor Prospective New Members for the 2017-18 Provisional Class is now open. Sponsorship closes on February 13, 2017 at 10:00 PM.
Who is Eligible to Sponsor a New Member?
- Beginning with the 2017-2018 Provisional class, Prospective New Members will need TWO sponsors: a Lead Sponsor and a Co-Sponsor.
- The two sponsors may be any combination of Actives and/or Sustainers in good standing (two Actives, Two Sustainers, or one Active and one Sustainer).
- All Actives and Sustainers in good standing may serve as a Lead Sponsor for one Prospective Member and then also as a co-sponsor for another Prospective Member.
- The New Member Committee will verify sponsorship eligibility for Lead and Co-Sponsors as well as Prospective New Members.
Sponsoring a New Member – Step by Step
- The Prospective New Member must complete the Prospective Member Application
- Upon submitting her application, the Prospective New Member is asked to provide her Lead Sponsor and Co-Sponsor’s name, email address, phone number and JLD member number.
- Once the Prospective New Member has completed the application, the Lead Sponsor will receive an email asking for her confirmation of sponsorship for both her, and her Co-Sponsor.
Role of the Lead Sponsor – Build and Maintain Relationships for League Success
As a Lead Sponsor, we recommend the following to facilitate this process:
- Identify a Co-Sponsor for your Prospective New Member if she doesn’t have one.
- Engage in a face-to-face interaction with the Prospective New Member prior to Provisional Introductory meetings in May 2017. We recommend you do it as soon as possible.
- Continue to engage with the woman you are sponsoring prior to the start of her Provisional Small Group in August 2017, helping her transition into the League.
Sponsor Pool: Any prospective member who lacks two sponsors may request assistance from the JLD Sponsor Pool (she will do this in her membership application). Those signing up for Sponsor Pool should be willing and able to serve as a Lead Sponsor as stated above.
Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
***The New Member Committee asks that before requesting assistance from the Sponsor Pool a candidate and her lead sponsor (if applicable) diligently seek out sponsors through their networks which may include their circle of friends, workplace, place of worship, other charitable or professional organizations, social media networks, and more. Please advocate for your prospective member by helping her secure co-sponsors. There are over 5,000 JLD members in the DFW area so ask around!