Thank you for contributing to the continued growth and success of the Junior League of Dallas by sponsoring a new member! Please see below for more information.
The period to sponsor Prospective New Members for the 2019-2020 Provisional Class will open in October 1, 2018. Sponsorship closes on January 18, 2019 at 10 PM.
- Prospective New Members will need two sponsors: a Lead Sponsor and a Co-Sponsor that are any combination of Actives and/or Sustainers in good standing.
- All Actives and Sustainers in good standing may serve as both a Lead and Co-Sponsor for two different Prospective New Members.
- The New Member Committee will verify sponsorship eligibility for Lead and Co-Sponsors as well as Prospective New Members.
Sponsoring a New Member – Step by Step
- The Prospective New Member must complete the Prospective Member application which will open October 1, 2018.
- Upon submitting her application, the Prospective New Member is asked to provide her Lead Sponsor and Co-Sponsor’s name, email address, phone number and JLD member number.
- Once the Prospective New Member has completed the application, the Lead Sponsor and the Co-Sponsor will receive an email asking for their confirmation of sponsorship.
- Alert your new member that you received confirmation of sponsorship. Ask if she has any questions and remind her to reach out to you if any should arise.
Role of the Lead Sponsor – Build and Maintain Relationships for League Success
As a Lead Sponsor, we recommend the following to facilitate this process:
- Identify a Co-Sponsor for your Prospective New Member if she doesn’t have one.
- Engage in a face-to-face interaction with the Prospective New Member prior to the Provisional Introductory meetings in May 2019. We recommend you do it as soon as possible.
- Continue to engage with the woman you are sponsoring prior to the start of her Provisional Small Group in August 2019, helping her transition into the League.
Sponsor Pool: If you do not have a woman to sponsor but would like to be a sponsor, sign up for the Sponsor Pool. Those signing up for Sponsor Pool should be willing and able to serve as Lead Sponsor as stated above.
Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.