If you are interested in the 2017-2018 Provisional Class, please sign up above at the “Join Our Mailing List.” Please attend one of the following information sessions this fall.
- Nov. 14 at 6:30 p.m. – Baker Botts
- Nov. 29 at 6:30 p.m. – JLD HQ
- Dec. 6 at 6:30 p.m. – JLD HQ
- Jan. 17 at 6:30 p.m. – JLD HQ
- Sponsorship closes Feb. 13 at 10:00 p.m.
The Junior League of Dallas does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, religion or national origin, and reaches out to women of all races, creeds, religions and national origins who demonstrate an interest in and commitment to voluntarism. There is no deliberative process in the admission system. The JLD uses only the following criteria for prospective members:
- Age: A New Member must have reached her 22nd birthday and not have reached her 45th birthday as of June 1 of the year in which she applies.
- Residency: There are no residency restrictions for membership in the JLD. A member may reside in any city or county as long as she is capable of traveling to locations in Dallas for required meetings, placements, etc.
- Prospective New Members will need TWO sponsors: a Lead Sponsor and a Co-Sponsor.
- The two sponsors may be any combination of Actives and/or Sustainers in good standing (two Actives, two Sustainers, or one Active and one Sustainer).
- All Actives and Sustainers in good standing may serve as a Lead Sponsor for one Prospective New Member and then also as a co-sponsor for another Prospective New Member.
- It is the responsibility of the Prospective New Member to secure two sponsors for herself.
- Provisional members are not eligible to sponsor.
- Members of other Junior Leagues are not eligible to sponsor prospective new members of the Junior League of Dallas.
Sponsor Pool Assistance: Any prospective member who lacks two sponsors may request assistance with securing sponsors from the JLD Sponsor Pool (you will request this in your membership application). Assistance will be granted on a first come, first served basis.
***The New Member Committee asks that before requesting assistance from the Sponsor Pool a prospective new member diligently seek out her own sponsors through her networks which may include her circle of friends, workplace, place of worship, other charitable or professional organizations, social media networks, and more. There are over 5,000 JLD members in the DFW area so ask around! Your lead sponsor and other friends who are JLD members can and should assist you if you are having trouble securing sponsors on your own.
Steps to Joining:
- Attend an Informational Session. This is not a requirement, but we strongly encourage you to attend in order to learn more about the league, membership requirements, and benefits of membership.
- Secure two sponsors.
- Complete the Prospective Member Application To complete your application you will need the names, email addresses, phone numbers and JLD Member Numbers for your two sponsors.
- To submit the $50 application fee click here
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org at any time if you have questions about joining the JLD!