During this time of social distancing and sheltering in place, our local nonprofits continue to work hard to support those in need. See below for some ways you can stay connected to the community while supporting our partner agencies. (We’ll continue to update this list as we learn of new opportunities.)
North Texas Food Bank
- Consider doing a “Focused Food Drive” and gather a single type of item to provide to NTFB. Most needed items include canned tuna or chicken, peanut butter, cereal bars, and canned fruit in juice.
- For more information: ntfb.org/donate-food
Community Partners of Dallas
- Consider purchasing one or more items on the Rainbow Room’s wish list. Top needs include diaper rash cream, kids’ toothpaste, boys’ t-shirts (size SM/6), newborn diapers, toddler girl socks and toddler boy socks.
- For more information: https://www.cpdtx.org/emergency-response-needs/
The Family Place
- Purchase essential supplies from the agency’s wish list, which will be sent directly to The Family Place’s shelters.
- For more information: https://familyplace.org/the-family-place-s-response-to-covid-19/