The T. Boone Pickens Leadership Institute is a program designed to provide training to JLD members on identifying and building strengths, enhancing leadership skills, developing relationships to help prepare members for leadership service within the Dallas community.
About The T. Boone Pickens Leadership Institute
Through a generous gift from the T. Boone Pickens Foundation, the Junior League advanced its mission by launching The T. Boone Pickens Leadership Institute in 2009. The Leadership Institute features a 10-month in-depth leadership development and training program for active and sustaining members of the League.
T. Boone Pickens Leadership Institute Advanced Track
- The T. Boone Pickens Leadership Institute Advanced Track is designed to develop and maximize the executive leadership skills among participating JLD members. Specifically, the goals are to increase consciousness (self-awareness of strengths, growth areas and abilities) and to increase competencies (participants should walk away with improved skill sets in a variety of areas that can be applied to their personal, volunteer and professional lives).
- This 10-month leadership training program accepts up to 35 JLD members a year. Although the program’s structure is modeled after the successful Leadership Dallas program, the content is designed specifically to meet the leadership development and training goals of JLD members. The Leadership Institute curriculum includes guest speakers and leadership experts discussing topics such as becoming self-aware and team building; coaching, mentoring and creating a high trust environment; becoming a visionary and servant leader; increasing your business acumen, communicate to motivate and inspire others and honing conflict management and negotiation skills.
- Advanced Track applications will be available online at ww.jld.net from in the spring. The T. Boone Pickens Advanced Leadership Institute Class will be selected and confirmed by mid-August.
- Participants commit to attending a weekend retreat in September and monthly Friday afternoon training sessions, from October through May.
- The cost of registration is $250 and attendance is required for the entirety of all class sessions (graduation from the program is dictated by participation). No placement or meeting credit will be given for Leadership Institute participation. Participants agree to fulfill the obligations in addition to their normal meeting and placement requirements and dues.
- Class participants will enjoy discovering more about their individual strengths as they’ll be utilizing Gallup’s StrengthsFinder 2.0 assessment to better enhance, expand, and improve their individual performance, team engagement, and overall collaboration with others in their homeplaces, workplaces, and communities. The StrengthsFinder assessment is the culmination of 40 years of Gallup research which focused on expanding human capacity by maximizing our contribution in a distinguished, unique way. Class leaders will deep dive into a greater understanding of their own strengths and how they can be using those strengths for more productive and conscious collaboration that culminates in greater, difference-making results.
- The T. Boone Pickens Leadership Instititute Advanced Track Alumnae program was created in 2013 for alumae to connect through breakfast, book club meetings, dinner and community service projects. Members are encouraged to continue their training by attending current T. Boone Pickens Leadership Institute classes and events.
For more information on alumae events please contact Shivani Naidoo at email@example.com.