- Community Impact
About Our MembersFounded in 1922, the Junior League of Dallas is an organization of women committed to promoting voluntarism, developing the potential of women, and improving the community through the effective action and leadership of trained volunteers. Its purpose is exclusively educational and charitable.
The JLD membership is a diverse group of more than 5,000 women who annually give more than 120,000 uncompensated hours of service to the projects and agencies supported by the JLD. Active members range in age from 22 to 49, and 74% are employed outside the home. They serve on numerous boards and coalitions throughout the community.
Benefits of Membership
- Training for effective community leadership.
- Insight into community needs and opportunities to contribute to solutions.
- Interaction and partnerships with community leaders.
- Exposure to problem solving, communication and the administration of non-profit agencies.
- New friends and opportunities for continued growth and fulfillment.
Diversity Outreach Statement
The Junior League of Dallas is committed to:
- Fostering a culture of inclusion by embracing a diverse membership and encouraging our membership to integrate diverse perspectives.
- Promoting understanding of, and sensitivity to diverse perspectives through education and training.
- Striving to accurately represent the community and provide our members with the skills necessary to serve the diverse population of Dallas.
Our definition of diversity includes, but is not limited to, the 8 main social identifiers:
- Socioeconomic class
- Sexual orientation
If you have any questions about the Diversity Committee or know of a particular organization or individual the JLD should reach out to, please contact the 2011-2012 Diversity Chair, Theresa Hill at email@example.com.
|Diversity Initiative sponsored by: