About Our MembersFounded in 1922, the Junior League of Dallas is an organization of women committed to promoting voluntarism, developing the potential of women, and improving the community through the effective action and leadership of trained volunteers. Its purpose is exclusively educational and charitable.
The JLD membership is a diverse group of more than 5,000 women who annually give more than 130,000 uncompensated hours of service to the projects and agencies supported by the JLD. Active members range in age from 22 to 49, and 74% are employed outside the home. They serve on numerous boards and coalitions throughout the community.
Benefits of Membership
- Training for effective community service and leadership including issue awareness, fundraising, public relations, finance, collective impact, advocacy and personal development.
- Insight into community needs and opportunities to contribute to solutions.
- Interaction and partnerships with community leaders including the opportunity to sit on community Boards of Directors and committees that make an impact in our community.
- Exposure to problem solving, communication and the administration of non-profit agencies.
- New friends and opportunities for continued growth and personal fulfillment.
- Membership transferability to the more than 290 Junior Leagues throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and England.
Requirements of an Active Member
As an Active member, the focus of your time will shift to your volunteer activity known as your placement. You will be required to:
- Attend a minimum of three General Membership and/or Group Meetings per year.
- Pay annual dues -- currently at $256.00.
- Complete one placement per year (60 hours per year).
Diversity Outreach Statement
The Junior League of Dallas is committed to:
- Fostering a culture of inclusion by embracing a diverse membership and encouraging our membership to integrate diverse perspectives.
- Promoting understanding of, and sensitivity to diverse perspectives through education and training.
- Striving to accurately represent the community and provide our members with the skills necessary to serve the diverse population of Dallas.
If you have any questions about the Diversity Committee or know of a particular organization or individual the JLD should reach out to, please contact the 2014-2015 Diversity Chair, Cynthia Villanueva at email@example.com.
|Diversity Initiative sponsored by: