OCTOBER 12TH Join potential new members at 6:00pm for a mix and mingle hour with Ruthie’s Food Truck! Be one of the first 50 to check in and receive a fun JLD surprise! 7pm Informational Session Begins.
NOVEMBER 10TH Join potential new members at 6:30pm for Cocktails & Conversation at Baker Botts (2001 Ross Avenue, Trammel Crow Center). Be one of the first 50 to check in and receive a fun JLD surprise!
Limited spaces available – RSVP for Fall Informational Meetings.
The Junior League of Dallas does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, religion or national origin, and reaches out to women of all races, creeds, religions and national origins who demonstrate an interest in and commitment to voluntarism. There is no deliberative process in the admission system. The JLD uses only the following criteria for prospective members:
- Age: A New Member must have reached her 22nd birthday and not have reached her 45th birthday as of June 1 of the year in which she applies.
- Residency: There are no residency restrictions for membership in the JLD. A member may reside in any city or county as long as she is capable of traveling to locations in Dallas for required meetings, placements, etc.
- Sponsors: Each prospective member must be sponsored by three (3) Active or Sustaining members in good standing of the JLD, and it is the responsibility of the candidate to secure three sponsors for herself. At least one of the three sponsors must be an Active member, but any of the three sponsors may serve as Lead Sponsor. A JLD member may only sponsor one prospective member each Administrative Year. Provisional members are not eligible to sponsor. Members of other Junior Leagues are not eligible to sponsor new members of the Junior League of Dallas.
Sponsor Pool Assistance: Any prospective member who lacks three sponsors may request assistance with securing sponsors from the JLD Sponsor Pool (you will request this in your membership application). Assistance will be granted on a first come first served basis.
***The New Member Committee asks that before requesting assistance from the Sponsor Pool a candidate diligently seek out her own sponsors through her networks which may include her circle of friends, workplace, place of worship, other charitable or professional organizations, social media networks, and more. There are over 5,000 JLD members in the DFW area so ask around! Your lead sponsor and other friends who are JLD members can and should assist you if you are having trouble securing sponsors on your own.
Steps to Joining:
- Attend an Informational Session. This is not a requirement, but we strongly encourage you to attend in order to learn more about the league, membership requirements, and benefits of membership.
- Secure three sponsors.
- Complete the Online Membership Application including the $50 application fee.
- Instruct your lead sponsor complete your Intent to Sponsor form available HERE.
Please contact email@example.com at any time if you have questions about joining the JLD!