Welcome! We are excited about your interest in joining the Junior League of Dallas!
Every year since 1922, JLD has welcomed new members, transfers from other leagues around the country, and reinstatements.
Please read on to learn how to join the JLD.
Due to ongoing work adjustments due to COVID-19, our New Member process has been delayed a few weeks. Don’t worry! We’re working now to communicate with all applicants by the end of next week.
Our application period for the 2020-2021 membership year has closed. We will begin accepting applications for 2021 – 2022 from September 2020 through January 2021.
To receive information, please click here to join our mailing list.
- September – Applications open
- Approximately January – Membership Application Deadline
- June 1, 2021 – Accepted Provisional Members Begin Course
- Age: Prospective New Members must be at least 22 and not have reached her 45th birthday by June 1 of the year she is sponsored for membership to be eligible for application for membership. For the 2021-2022 membership year, your birth date must fall between these two dates: June 1, 1976 and May 31, 1999.
- Residency: There are no residency restrictions; however, the member must be able to travel to meeting locations in Dallas.
- Sponsors: Prospective New Members need TWO sponsors: a Lead Sponsor and a Co-Sponsor who are Actives and/or Sustainers in the Junior League of Dallas. (Provisionals are not eligible to Sponsor.)
It is the responsibility of the Prospective New Member to secure two sponsors for herself. If the Prospective New Member cannot secure two sponsors, the JLD will assist them through our Sponsor Pool.
All Actives and Sustainers in good standing may serve as a Lead Sponsor for one Prospective New Member and as a co-sponsor for another Prospective New Member. Information for sponsoring Prospective New Members here.
Members of other Junior Leagues are not eligible to sponsor Prospective New Members of the Junior League of Dallas.
The League welcomes women who value its mission. The League is committed to inclusive environments of diverse individuals, organizations, and communities. There is no deliberative process in the admission system.
How to Join
- Find Two Sponsors. JLD members are everywhere; search your networks – friends, work, your place of worship, professional organizations, social media and other charitable organizations you are involved in.
- Sponsor Pool. If you are unable to find two sponsors, you may request assistance from the Sponsor Pool*.
*You can request this in your membership application.
- Complete the membership application and submit it along with application fee. To complete your application, you will need the email addresses, phone numbers and JLD Member Numbers of your two sponsors for the application.
Click here for a New Member Printable with information about the League and how to join.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions about joining the JLD!