Welcome! We are excited about your interest in joining the Junior League of Dallas!
Every year since 1922, JLD has welcomed new members, transfers from other leagues around the country, and reinstatements.
Please read on to learn how to join the JLD.
Our application period for the 2020-2021 membership year will open in September 2019. The application process is from September through February each year.
- Sept. 1, 2019 – Applications open, click here
- Feb. 14, 2020 – Membership Application Deadline
- June 1, 2020 – Accepted Provisional Members Begin Course
- Age: Prospective New Members must be at least 22 and not have reached her 45th birthday by June 1 of the year she is sponsored for membership to be eligible for application for membership. For the 2020-2021 membership year, your birth date must fall between these two dates: June 1, 1975 and May 31, 1998.
- Residency: There are no residency restrictions; however, the member must be able to travel to meeting locations in Dallas.
- Sponsors: Prospective New Members need TWO sponsors: a Lead Sponsor and a Co-Sponsor who are Actives and/or Sustainers in the Junior League of Dallas. (Provisionals are not eligible to Sponsor.)
It is the responsibility of the Prospective New Member to secure two sponsors for herself. If the Prospective New Member cannot secure two sponsors, the JLD will assist them through our Sponsor Pool.
All Actives and Sustainers in good standing may serve as a Lead Sponsor for one Prospective New Member and as a co-sponsor for another Prospective New Member. Information for sponsoring Prospective New Members here.
Members of other Junior Leagues are not eligible to sponsor Prospective New Members of the Junior League of Dallas.
The League welcomes women who value its mission. The League is committed to inclusive environments of diverse individuals, organizations, and communities. There is no deliberative process in the admission system.
How to Join
- Attend an Information Session. This is not a requirement, but we strongly encourage you to attend to hear from League Leaders and Members about what the League has to offer and our Provisional (First-Year Member) course. Click here to RSVP for one of four Information Sessions.
All Infoshares will be from 7 p.m – 8 p.m. at JLD Headquarters (8003 Inwood Dr).
- Wednesday, Nov. 6
- Tuesday, Jan. 14
- Find Two Sponsors. JLD members are everywhere; search your networks – friends, work, your place of worship, professional organizations, social media and other charitable organizations you are involved in.
- Sponsor Pool. If you are unable to find two sponsors, you may request assistance from the Sponsor Pool*.
*You can request this in your membership application.
- Complete the 2020-2021 Prospective New Member application (available in September 2019) and submit it along with your $50 nonrefundable application fee. To complete your application, you will need the email addresses, phone numbers and JLD Member Numbers of your two sponsors for the application.
Click here to join our mailing list.
Please contact email@example.com with questions about joining the JLD!