Since 1922, The Junior League of Dallas has welcomed new members, transfers from other Leagues and reinstatements. We are an organization of strong, diverse women committed to building a better Dallas. Our committee is not only dedicated to making your experience as personal as possible, but to provide you with information about our distinguished achievements in the Dallas community and ensure you feel welcomed and informed of the journey to Active membership. We look forward to getting to know you at our InfoShare events.
The League welcomes women who value its mission. The League is committed to inclusive environments of diverse individuals, organizations and communities. There is no deliberative process in the admission system.
Please view this message from our President-Elect, Christa Sanford:
Please click here to meet the 2020 – 2021 New Member Team
Want to chat with one of our team members? Email email@example.com, with the team member name in the subject line.
We will be accepting applications for 2021 – 2022 from September 1, 2020 – February 14, 2021. Please click here to submit your application.
How To Join
- Learn more. Find out more about JLD’s mission and provisional course by attending our virtual InfoShares. These informational sessions are not required but are strongly encouraged.
–Oct. 27 at 7:30 p.m. : Demystifying the League panel discussion
To sign up for the remaining virtual meeting, please RSVP here.
- Find Two Sponsors. JLD members are everywhere; search your networks – friends, work, your place of worship, professional organizations, social media and other charitable organizations you are involved in. We encourage you to interact with potential sponsors. They are a great resource to learn about The Junior League of Dallas. Members of other Junior Leagues are not eligible to sponsor Prospective New Members of the Junior League of Dallas.
- Sponsor Pool. If you are unable to find two sponsors, you may request assistance from the Sponsor Pool. (You can request this in your membership application.) Current Active members and Sustainers of the Junior League of Dallas volunteer and serve in the Sponsor Pool. Members of other Junior Leagues are not eligible to sponsor Prospective New Members of the Junior League of Dallas. Both sponsors can be solicited from the Sponsor Pool.
- Complete the membership application and submit it along with a non-refundable $50 application fee. To complete your application, you will need the email addresses, phone numbers and JLD Member Numbers of your two sponsors for the application. Note: This does not apply for those seeking sponsors from the Sponsor Pool.
*Please note that regardless of whether you arrange for your own sponsors or utilize the Sponsor Pool, you must fill out the Sponsor Form.
- Age: Prospective New Members must be at least 22 and not have reached her 45th birthday by June 1 of the year she is sponsored for membership to be eligible for application for membership. For the 2021-2022 membership year, your birth date must fall between these two dates: June 1, 1976 and May 31, 1999.
- Residency: There are no residency restrictions; however, the member must be able to travel to meeting locations in Dallas.
- Sponsors: Prospective New Members need TWO sponsors: a Lead Sponsor and a Co-Sponsor who are Actives and/or Sustainers in the Junior League of Dallas. (Provisionals are not eligible to Sponsor.)
It is the responsibility of the Prospective New Member to secure two sponsors for herself. If the Prospective New Member cannot secure two sponsors, the JLD will assist them through our Sponsor Pool.
DIVERSITY STATEMENT: Our commitment to equality and inclusion is as vital as ever. Both values are foundational to everything we do and is woven in to the mission, strategies and admission practices of the JLD.
For questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.