When you make a planned gift to the Junior League of Dallas. (JLD), it represents a deep personal commitment to the continued success of the League’s mission to promote volunteerism, develop the potential of women, and improve our Dallas community. While these gifts often honor or memorialize loved ones, they also provide an investment in the League’s future and leave a lasting legacy for the future membership of the League and the community.
This site provides information that will allow you to further the work of the JLD in a way that is consistent with your own financial goals.
Forms and Contact
Legacy Circle Membership Form
If you are ready to leave a legacy with the Junior League of Dallas, download our Legacy Circle Membership Form for you to provide to your attorney. Once completed, you may mail, fax or email to JLD Headquarters.
Memorial Directive Form
You may also download a Memorial Directive Form for use in your estate planning and submit to the Junior League of Dallas.
If you have further questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Charitable Planning Options
- Cash or Securities: Cash gifts and securities are deductible on an individual’s income tax filing. Please contact your CPA for more details. The JLD can accept gifts of publicly traded stocks, bonds or ETFs. Please contact us for the relevant transfer details.
- Personal Property: Such gifts might be jewelry, antiques, artwork or other tangible personal property.
- Will or Codicil Bequest: A bequest in your will can be used to leave any of the above outright gifts to JLD or to establish a planned contribution.
- Charitable Gift Annuity: It is possible to make a donation of cash or securities to establish a Charitable Gift Annuity to provide you or another individual with guaranteed, partially tax-free income for life.
- Charitable Remainder Trust: A Charitable Remainder Trust provides an individual with income for either life or a term up to 20 years from the date the gift is made. When the trust terminates, JLD receives the trust’s principal.
- Charitable Lead Trust: A Charitable Lead Trust provides the Junior League of Dallas with a steady income for a term of years or the life of an individual. When the trust terminates, the donor’s designated heirs will receive the trust’s appreciated principal.
- Life Insurance: There are several ways to use life insurance to make a donation to the Junior League of Dallas. JLD can be named as a beneficiary to an existing policy or a new policy can be established.
- Retirement Assets: The combination of federal income, estate and excise taxes can seriously erode the value of retirement savings. Naming the Junior League of Dallas as a beneficiary of these assets can save your estate and heirs both income tax and federal estate taxes.